Situational Analysis produced by ECPAT Bulgaria – Neglected Children Society in the frame of project “Mario 2 – Joint actions to protect children from abuse, trafficking and exploitation in Europe”, funded by program Daphne of the European Union and co-funded by OAK Foundation
The Situational Analysis aims to inform Mario partners and specialists working with children at risk about the functions of Child Protection System in Bulgaria. The Analysis also has the purpose to analyze the capacity of the Child Protection System to identify and respond to the needs of the Bulgarian children on the move – victims of trafficking, abuse and exploitation inside the country and across the border – in other EU countries.
The Situational Analysis provides:
– Description of all institutions and social services;
– Information about the categories of Bulgarian children on the move and the potential of the Child Protection System to supply and ensure social cares and services;
– Statistical data related to Bulgarian children on the move inside and outside the country as well children – victims of trafficking abroad;
– Profile of children on the move based on the results of a survey among experts and children;
– Information about the situation and existing problems with children on the move – refugees who arrive in Bulgaria from third countries;
– Critical analysis focused on the Crisis Centers for children – victims of trafficking and specific recommendations for optimization of their status and the social cares offered by them;
– General conclusions and recommendations about Bulgarian children on the move and the capacity of the Child Protection System to protect them, as well as analysis of the risk factors which influence them.